IHSS are strongly passionate about how our services can improve the environmental, economic and social well-being of the communities in which we work & support.
- Increase the efficiency of our resources, reduce dependence on non-renewable resources, prevent pollution, optimise energy efficiency and reduced their carbon footprint.
- Adoption of the waste hierarchy to ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’.
- Reduce adverse environmental impact by adopting appropriate best practice e.g. low energy design, water conservation, avoiding use of ozone depleting substances, reducing landfill waste, use of renewable materials and energy.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and take any further measures considered.
- Take responsibility for our actions and playing our part in society.
- Systematically improve the capability and capacity of IHSS to provide a sustainable and efficient service to customers.
- Developing and investing in skills, development, specialist training and apprentices to build a more skilled and productive workforce and reducing risks of supply constraints and increasing labour cost inflation in areas we work. Encouraging our supply chain to do the same.
- Improve the dialogue and communication with all relevant
stakeholder groups to ensure economic efficiency
- Further develop the skills of our people and enhance
opportunities for them.
- Meet or exceed the national standard of social responsibility, including reductions of social exclusion. Aim to improve the educational attainment and employment prospects in the areas of our operations.
- Promote sustainable development throughout our supply chain and within our facilities.