Implementing new customers or absorbing additional services/sites are just some examples of projects our organisation has undertaken. Experienced project managers who understand the clinical drivers manage each project. They recognise the importance of a smooth transition to our customers, therefore supporting the customer throughout implementation.
Risk is a critical factor to consider when undertaking a new project. The IHSS team manages risk by identifying areas that will need specific consideration and ensuring that risk is either minimised or removed within the clinical area.
We provide a partnership that the hospital can utilise through our direct engagement with clinical staff and provide the following services through our Managed Service agreement;
- Quality Management System, Internal audit compliance & accreditation/notified body management.
- Full track & trace system.
- SSD workflow design to optimise efficiency
- SSD – level turnaround to address control, efficiency discipline and clinical risk issues
- Staff shift patterns – review and present proposals for optimising and balancing with incoming workload.
- Staff training – implementation of training plan to meet operational requirements and national best practise.
- System Efficiency – review of instrument tray general fitness for purpose, traceability controls and usage data to identify fast track levels and help make recommendations to customers.
- Inventory Review – Review of general inventory condition, fitness for purpose and inventory usage profiles.
- Hold regular SSD user group meetings with theatre staff.
- Performance Data – production of basic monthly volume activity – production of monthly volume activity and compliance to KPI’s.
- Direct engagement with clinicians and theatre teams – joint systems and process working agreements, develop strategy engagement.
We appoint an experienced project manager to every project we undertake. Their first objective is to understand the challenges you face and help minimise any risks when moving to new standards of sterile services.
We believe in working in partnership, directly engaging with clinical staff and supporting your Decontamination Committee if needed. We can also help with Care Quality Commission returns, attend Joint Management Board Meetings and help you develop your Decontamination Policy.
- Drive down costs – through improved efficiency whilst maintaining your expected high levels of quality
- Achieve national targets – we expect to deliver a 99.75% service on delivery and quality and can work with you on patient care and compliance programmes
- Meet industry regulatory requirements – we can ensure that your decontamination and sterilisation department is accredited and compliant with the relevant European harmonised standards
- Ensure best practice – by combining your systems with ours to optimise management, motivation and training of staff